Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Correction:

I am jet-lagged. I thought jet lagged meant sleeping at odd hours of the day. So far that hasn't really been the case, though I did go to bed at 8 last night. My jet-lag has manifested itself mostly in my entire body just feeling 'off' I'm not all that tired, but I'm definitely not as spunky as normal and move just a bit slower in general. I'm excited for my body to adjust.
There were a few opportunities to get out and interact yesterday. Steven took us downtown on a matatu which is essentially a 15 passenger van that is jam-packed and starts moving a bit before everyone is actually sitting down. Then we walked through downtown at a decent pace and he pointed out all these government buildings including the old American embassy. There were also a few neighbor kids who came over to play with the little Scottish boys. They seemed a little hesitant around all us extra white people, but it was fun for me to help them feel more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment